Are you considering adding testimonials to your Shopify store, but don't know how? Then you've come to the right place!
Product reviews can help you build a trusted brand and increase your conversion rates and sales. Therefore, they're essential to making your eCommerce business successful.
Throughout this article, we'll guide you step-by-step on how to add reviews to Shopify.
Why Should You Add Reviews to Shopify?
Reviews Increase Conversion Rates
When people shop online, they're more likely to purchase products with reviews. Why? If they find that other people bought the item and loved it, they'll view the purchase as low-risk since they expect a similar experience.
Otherwise, if a product doesn't have any reviews, that can be risky for them to buy it. They don't want to be the first to test it.
In conclusion, adding product reviews to your Shopify store can help dramatically increase your conversion rates.
Reviews Build Trust
By featuring product reviews, you're building trust with your potential and existing customers.
Seeing that other people purchased items and uploaded photo reviews that match the products helps confirm that you are a trusted brand!
Therefore, your customers will know what to expect and won't hesitate to trust and buy from you.
Reviews are User-Generated Content
User-generated content is crucial in eCommerce because it acts as an additional form of marketing.
By reading reviews and seeing uploaded product photos and videos, your potential customers can view your items from different perspectives.
In other words, product reviews are an addition to the description that can take your brand to the next level.
Reviews Help Your Website Rank Higher on Google
The more reviews you have, the more likely you will rank higher on Google because reviews help validate your Shopify store.
People are more willing to trust a company with hundreds of reviews than one with no reviews because nobody wants to be a tester.
2 Easy Steps to Add Reviews to Your Shopify Store
Install the Ryviu app from the Shopify App store
- Go to the Ryviu app page on the Shopify App Store.
2. Click the Add app button.
Import Existing Reviews from AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, and DHGate
If your products already exist on AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, or DHGate, you can import existing reviews from them. This way, your Shopify store can have genuine reviews even if you're just starting out.
Please note that:
- You can import only from AliExpress if you use the free version.
- To import reviews from Amazon, you need to subscribe to the Basic plan or above.
- To import reviews from Etsy and DHGate, you need to subscribe to the Advance plan or above.
Ryviu allows you to import reviews from these sources directly from the Ryviu dashboard. Please follow the instructions below to know how to add reviews to Shopify from AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, and DHGate:
- First, you need to copy the product link for which you want to export the reviews.
- From the Ryviu dashboard, go to the Product page. Then, pick the product you want to import the reviews.
3. Click the plus icon button next to the product title.
4. Click on the Add now button. Then, paste the link in the The Product URL field.
5. Finally, click on the Save button.
6. Repeat the process for other products.
How to Add Product Reviews on Shopify Homepages?
With Ryviu, you can show reviews on your website's homepage. By doing so, the visitors can quickly be aware of how good your product is, which can lead to subsequent purchases.
Follow the instructions below to know how to add a review section on Shopify homepages.
- Navigate to Online Store > Themes from the Shopify dashboard.
2. In the Live theme section, click on the Actions button and then choose the Edit code option.
3. In the Sections folder, click on the Add a new section text.
4. A pop-up window will appear. Now, you need to type 'featured-ryviu' in the field. After that, click on the Create section button.
5. Copy the code below and paste it to the feature-review.liquid file you just created.
6. Remember to click on the Save button in the top right corner when you're done.
7. After that, click on the Customize theme button in the top right corner.
8. Then, click on the Add section button at the bottom left corner.
9. A list of sections will appear. Here, you need to choose the Ryviu Section option. After that, click on the Add button.
10. Now, you can customize the Ryviu section by choosing whether to show the title or not, changing the title, and selecting the Type of reviews widget. Finally, you can pick which products you want to display reviews.
11. Remember to click on the Save button in the top right corner when you're done.
How Can You Get More Product Reviews on Your Shopify Store?
Now that you've added reviews to your Shopify store. But how do you get more?
If you're subscribing to one of Ryviu's paid plans, you can customize review request campaigns to drive more reviews.
Create a Coupon Code Template with Great Incentives
- From the Ryviu dashboard, go to the Templates page.
2. Click on the Create Template button.
3. A new pop-up window will appear. Here, select the Coupon code layout. Then, click the Submit button.
4. On the preview panel, go to the Elements section and choose the Coupon code option.
5. Here, you can edit the Unsubscribe text field and type the coupon code in the Coupon code field.
6. Finally, remember to click on the Save button when you're happy.
Send a Review Request Email at the Right Time
- From the Ryviu dashboard, go to the Automations page.
2. Click on the Email review request box to enable the automation feature.
3. Click on the User action box. Then, you can choose which action will trigger the automation. We recommend selecting the Delivered option.
4. Click on the Time delay box. As the name suggests, you can decide when to send review request emails after the selected action is accomplished. This is important because you want your customers to have enough time to use your products before judging them.
5. Click on the Thank you box. In the Template field, select the Coupon code option.
6. Finally, remember to click on the Save Changes button when you're done.
How to Deal With Bad Reviews?
When you start seeing reviews popping up, you might expect that they're all positive. But the reality is that you will always come across some that aren't so good.
Try not to be discouraged by bad reviews. Instead, you should use them as a learning opportunity.
Things you shouldn't do when dealing with bad reviews:
- Reacting out of anger
- Disclosure of reviewers' personal information
Things you should do when dealing with bad reviews:
- Respond to reviewers politely (privately or publicly)
- Offer them a solution
If you want to know more, you can read our detailed guide on how to respond to negative reviews.
We hope you already understand the value of having product reviews and know how to add reviews to Shopify stores.
For any starters out there, we know some of you may not have the budget to use a paid Shopify review app for your online store. That's why we hope that the free version of Ryviu can help you have a good start.
Disclosure: When you purchase a service or a product through our links, we sometimes earn a commission, without any extra cost to you.